GOOD OMENS
Yesterday I went to the city to looked for the Adidas shoes that I saw in Taipei last December. I roamed two malls & some outlets to searched for that fuckin' shoes. After 2 to 3 hours of "back here & back there" attitude of a shoppers like me, I ended up at SOGO (not the same with the one that you're thinking somewhere along in Sta. Mesa, Pasay or in Pasig). Actually, SOGO is a name of one of the most popular mall here in Taiwan, and since the Chinese New Year is nearly approaching, they are "on sale". But instead in an Adidas shoes section, I found myself lurking in a row of shelves wherein knowledge and some informations are stacked & waiting for someone to be bought and red. After reading some of the snippets of some interesting books, I saw this book & caught my attention. GOOD OMENS.

It is all about Armageddon with a twist, and since it is located in humor section, definitely it must be hilarious & funny. I haven't opened yet the book because I need to do some chores first, do the laundry, cleaned up the mess that I left at my room, attend the choir practice & many more.

According to wiki, this book is a quasi-parody of the 1976 film The Omen (as well as other books and films of the genre), concerning the birth of the son of satan, the coming of the end of times and the attempts of the angel Aziraphale and the demon Crowley to avert them, having become accustomed to their comfortable situations in the human world. A subplot features the gathering of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse — War, Famine, Pollution(Pestilence having retired in 1936 following the discovery of penicillin), and Death — the last of whom is characterised in a manner reminiscent of the personification of Death in Pratchett's Discworls novels and calls himself Azrael before his final exit.

With that info from wiki, i am looking forward to enjoy reading this book and be rated it with many stars or else...burn it! lolz!

Happy Weekend!
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    have a great time reading!

    the book looks good to me too!

    :)

    i added you in my bloglist, i'll followd you too!


  2. Superjaid Says:

    im not really fond of reading english novels..mabigat kasi sa bulsa but then..i hope the book will meet you expectations..para di mo siya sunugin hahaha =)


  3. eMPi Says:

    mukhang okey ang book na yan.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    weeeeee! give a review when your finish ha, kuya? i might buy 1 if it's worth reading!

    i bought 4 books myself last tuesday, i am on my second book!

    have fun!!! :D


  5. EngrMoks Says:

    nice... mukhang maganda nga yan, nagustuhan ko kasi ang Armageddon (movie) basta disaster movie fave ko, book pa kaya na mas magandang basahin at pure story telleing...wait ko review mo


  6. Rico De Buco Says:

    natuwa nman ako that book is the same book our writer is reading naks...mgnda tlg yan!!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin